Effective Date: April 10, 2019
At Hope Industrial Systems, Inc. ("HIS"), we are committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. HIS has implemented technical, administrative and physical measures to safeguard any personal information that we may collect.
- describes the type of personal information we collect, how we may use such information, and with whom we may share such information,
- describes measures we take to protect personal information, and
- tells you how you can:
- access, or request us to change or delete, certain personal information we maintain about you,
- withdraw consent you gave us previously,
- ask us to stop sending you certain communications, and
- request us to answer your questions about our privacy practices.
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
- No Selling of Personal Information; Sharing Information
- Data Retention
- How We Protect Your Personal Information
- Your Options Regarding Your Personal Information
- How to Contact Us
What We Collect and How We Collect It
The types of personal information that we collect depends on the products or services you receive from us or engage us to provide. Personal information we collect may include (and that we have collected in the last twelve months includes):
- Identifiers such as a real name, company name, physical or postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, telephone or fax number, account name, signature, and physical characteristics or description
- Purchase and shipping information (such as information about products and services purchased, purchaser contact information, information about the shipping recipient or a consignee, including name, physical address, telephone number and email address) and payment information (such as bank account and credit card information and invoicing address), and history of products or services purchased, obtained or considered.
- Information that allows us to verify the identity of a person
- Information that allows us to perform services, fulfill product orders, or perform the terms of a contract
- Information provided in response to surveys or marketing communications
- Warranty-related information, such as the type of product purchased, and information related to the servicing of a product
- Language and communication preference(s)
- Names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of persons to whom we are requested to provide information
- Internet activity information, such as browsing history, search history, information regarding interaction with our and others' websites and advertisements and with email communications sent by us or on our behalf, information that allows our websites and applications on our websites to function properly on your device, and information you provide through the live chat customer support function or by submitting a form or entering information on our websites
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us, accessing services available on our websites, and/or subscribing to our blog, newsletter and/or email notifications
- Social media handles, content and other data posted on our official social media pages or elsewhere on the Internet (such as websites on which customer reviews may be posted, and other public locations), and information that we obtain through social media apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins
- Payment information (such as identification numbers, bank account information and invoicing address)
- Tax identification number, in circumstances in which you provide to us, or ask us to provide, products or services for which a tax identification number is required
- For those visiting HIS facilities, name, identification information (driver's license, passport or other government-issued identification document), information about a vehicle, information about an individual's employer, job title and function, and information necessary to maintain visitor logs and screening
Where we collect information from you, if you decline to provide us with such requested information, you may not be able to use certain functions or features of our websites, and you may not be able to purchase products or access our services or certain offers and content, whether via our websites or otherwise.
Some of the personal information we collect may come from third parties, such as businesses that perform services or provide products to us, including analytics or marketing services providers, as well as public databases.
Parents, Guardians and Children
HIS' websites are intended for visitors who are at least 18 years of age and the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. HIS does not knowingly solicit information from, or market products to, children. If you do not meet the age requirements set forth above, please do not enter your personal information on this or any other HIS website.
Third Party Applications and Websites
HIS may make available on its websites third party applications such as live chat, content linking or sharing facilities, or links to third party websites. HIS does not control such third-party applications or websites. Information collected by or through such applications or third-party websites is subject to the privacy policies of the third parties that provide those applications or websites. We encourage you to review the relevant third party's privacy policies regarding information they collect by or through their applications or websites.
We may collect, use, transfer or disclose your personal information (A) in order to perform our contractual obligations to you, (B) for legitimate business interests such as marketing and improvement of our services, (C) to comply with legal obligations and (D) to protect your and others' vital interests. More specifically, we may collect, use, transfer or disclose your personal information to:
- Personalize the experience of those who use our websites or view our advertisements and allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
- Communicate with our customers and fulfill customer orders and our contractual obligations
- Make shipping arrangements with shipping companies, and monitor and track shipments of products and materials
- Provide other services that our customers request, such as order fulfillment, mailing services and shipping/mailing data management
- Provide customer and technical support
- Communicate with you about your questions, comments and inquiries
- Establish and manage your accounts (including online accounts) with HIS
- Communicate with you about offers, promotions and products and services that we think might be of interest to you
- Enable you to access, receive and post on our blog and social media accounts and otherwise interact with us via social media or our websites
- Send marketing information
- Process claims we receive related to our products or services
- Manage import, export and other trade financing and compliance controls
- Operate, assess and improve our business and business practices, such as ensuring the security and functionality of our facilities and our computer networks and systems and backing up and recovering data; invoicing, collecting, and performing other financial functions; product and services development; evaluating our sales and marketing efforts and analyzing marketing data; improving our websites and customer portal; and enhancing customer service
- Identify and protect against fraud and other illegal activities
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, including reporting requirements, and our own policies, and monitor our compliance efforts
- Pursue, exercise and defend legal claims and rights
Your personal information may be processed and maintained by our service providers in countries other than the one in which it was collected, such as the United States and member states of the European Union (including the United Kingdom before and after it ceases to be a member of the European Union).
Information Collected Via Cookies
- describes the type of personal and device information that we collect via Cookies on our websites or in our email communications,
- describes the specific Cookies used to collect information, what information they collect, and the purpose for their collection of information, and
- describes how we use information collected via Cookies.
The information in this "Cookies" section applies to all websites maintained by HIS and to email communications sent by or on behalf of HIS.
Information We Collect Via Cookies
When on our websites, information may also be collected about your device. This information may include your type of computer or device, operating system and version (iOS, Android, Windows), carrier and country location, and similar information, as well as any of the following: Universally unique ID (UUID), advertising identifier (IDFA), MAC address, hardware and processor information (e.g., processor/storage chip and speed), and network type (Wi-Fi, 4G, LTE, etc.).
Some of this data is collected by third-party analytics tools and advertising networks, or other third-party providers of apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins. We and those third parties may collect information about you over time and across our and third-party websites.
Information Collected by Third Parties Via Cookies
Cookies on Our Websites
The Cookies (including those of third parties) that collect data on our websites are described below, by category:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These Cookies are necessary in order to give you the ability to navigate a website and use its features.
|_dc_gtm_UA-92253-5||Google Analytics||This cookie is associated with Google Tag Manager which we use to load scripts and code into our website pages.||This cookie is set by us (i.e., it's a first party cookie).|
|JSESSIONID||Used to maintain an anonymous user session by the server. Preserves the user's state across page requests.||This cookie is set by us (i.e., it's a first party cookie).|
- Performance: These Cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often. These Cookies don't collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these Cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
|_ga||Google Analytics||Distinguishes unique website users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. Used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for site analytics reports.||This cookie is set by us (i.e., it's a first party cookie).|
|_gat_UA-92253-5||Google Analytics||Used to limit the amount of data recorded by Google on high traffic volume websites.||This cookie is set by us (i.e., it's a first party cookie).|
|_gid||Google Analytics||Used to distinguish website users.||This cookie is set by us (i.e., it's a first party cookie).|
|MR||.bat.bing.com (Microsoft)||Used to collect information for analytics purposes.||Third party cookie|
- Functionality: These Cookies allow a website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. For example, these Cookies may remember and store information about how you use the live chat feature on our website, or information about files you download from our website. Information these Cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
|gwcc||Google Website Call Conversion||Allows Google to track any call conversions on mobile devices. For example, if a customer is clicking on a phone number on the contact us page to dial from their mobile device.||This cookie is set by us (i.e., it's a first party cookie).|
|hblid||Olark||Used by Olark Live Chat software. A visitor identifier used to remember the visitor between visits.||This cookie is set by us (i.e., it's a first party cookie).|
|lidc||.linkedin.com||Used for routing.||Third party cookie|
|_ok||Olark||Used by Olark Live Chat software. Provides functionality for websites to engage in instant messaging communication with visitors. Contains a site identifier, used for security purposes.||This cookie is set by us (i.e., it's a first party cookie).|
|_okbk||Olark||Used by Olark Live Chat software. Collects extra chat state information (e.g., chat box being open/closed).||This cookie is set by us (i.e., it's a first party cookie).|
|_okck||Olark||Used by Olark Live Chat software. Used to test whether the visitor's browser allows cookies to be stored.||This cookie is set by us (i.e., it's a first party cookie).|
|_okcs||hopeindustrial.com||Identifies the visitor across devices and visits, in order to optimize the chat-box function on the website.||This cookie is set by us (i.e., it's a first party cookie).|
|_okdetect||Olark||Used by Olark Live Chat software. Allows user to chat with our staff.||This cookie is set by us (i.e., it's a first party cookie).|
|_okgid||Olark||Used by Olark Live Chat software. Group id the visitor is locked to.||This cookie is set by us (i.e., it's a first party cookie).|
|_oklv||Olark||Used by Olark Live Chat software. Provides functionality for websites to engage in instant messaging communication with visitors. Used to improve caching of software.||This cookie is set by us (i.e., it's a first party cookie).|
|olfsk||Olark||Used by Olark Live Chat software. Storage identifier used to maintain chat state across pages (e.g., message history).||This cookie is set by us (i.e., it's a first party cookie).|
|wcsid||Olark||Used by Olark Live Chat software. Session identifier used to keep track of a single chat session.||This cookie is set by us (i.e., it's a first party cookie).|
|wp_dlm_downloading||Wordpress||Stores the version code of the file last downloaded by the client for 60 seconds, and then the cookie expires and is automatically deleted. It serves to prevent the server-side download counter from incrementing multiple times if a user double-clicks a link or if their browser/download-client makes multiple requests to download a file within a 60 second window.||This cookie is set by us (i.e., it's a first party cookie).|
- Targeting or Advertising: These Cookies are used to deliver advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator's permission. Information these Cookies collect may not be anonymized, but HIS receives this information only in anonymized form.
|bcookie||.linkedin.com||Browser ID cookie||Third party cookie|
|bscookie||.linkedin.com||Secure browser ID cookie||Third party cookie|
|fbp||Facebook Pixel||Helps us measure the return on investment of Facebook Ads by reporting on the actions people take after viewing those ads. Tracks conversions back to ads running on Facebook.||This cookie is set by us (i.e., it's a first party cookie).|
|fr||Tracks encrypted Facebook ID and browser ID when our website has social sharing plug-ins active.||Third party cookie|
|_gcl_au||Google AdSense||Used by Google AdSense for experimenting with advertisement efficiency across websites using their services.||This cookie is set by us (i.e., it's a first party cookie).|
|IDE||.doubleclick.net||Collects information about how the user uses our website and any advertising the user may have seen before visiting our website.||Third party cookie|
|MUID||.bing.com (Microsoft)||Identifies unique web browsers visiting Microsoft sites. Used for advertising, site analytics, and other operational purposes.||Third party cookie|
|NID||.doubleclick.net||Helps build a profile of users' interests and show the user relevant ads on other websites.||Third party cookie|
|return_visitor||Google Analytics||This cookie is set within Google Tag Manager. This cookie is used to notify Google Analytics that the user is a return visitor.||This cookie is set by us (i.e., it's a first party cookie).|
|return_visitor_check||Google Analytics||This cookie is set within Google Tag Manager. This cookie is used to determine whether, and to notify Google Analytics that, the user is a return visitor.||This cookie is set by us (i.e., it's a first party cookie).|
|test_cookie||.doubleclick.net||Tests for cookie setting permissions for Google Analytics||Third party cookie|
How We Use Information Collected Via Cookies
We may use the information collected via Cookies to:
- allow our websites to function properly for you as the viewer,
- understand usage patterns on our websites,
- identify our website users,
- customize your visits to our websites,
- deliver advertising and other content tailored to your interests and suitable for your browser,
- develop contact information about potential or actual customers, and in some cases such information is linked to other data we collect for such purposes,
- manage and improve our business,
- measure the effectiveness of our marketing and communication efforts,
- manage and improve our websites and address technical problems.
- Your web browser may enable you to be notified when you receive certain kinds of Cookies or to disable or restrict certain kinds of Cookies. You should understand, however, that our websites rely on Cookies to function properly and that without Cookies you may not be able to use all the features of our websites.
- Our websites are configured to respond to "do not track" signals from browsers.
- For information about how to opt out of advertising network interest-based advertising, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
No Selling of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information.
We do not share personal information about you except as described in this Privacy Notice.
We share personal information with third parties and affiliates as follows:
- We share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. None of these third parties is authorized by us to disclose or use such personal information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with applicable laws, regulations and other legal requirements. Sharing with such third parties may include (and the personal information we have shared for a business purpose during the last twelve months includes) the following:
- To fulfill customer orders, we share shipping information (real name, physical or postal address, telephone number, email address, information about products purchased and being shipped, and similar information) with third parties such as national postal services and private shipping companies and consignees.
- To process payments for customer orders, we share credit card information (account holder name and address, account number, expiration date, security code) and banking information with third party credit card processors and banks.
- To provide online customer chat services on some of our websites, we engage a third party chat service provider that collects chat communications and information that you share with us via chats.
- For marketing purposes, we share personal information with third parties who perform advertising or mailing services on our behalf or to send surveys to our customers.
- In connection with export financing or insurance, we share contact information (such as real name, telephone number, email address, information about products purchased, and similar information), and business references, bank references and bank account information that you provide, with credit rating agencies and export financing banks.
- Third parties that perform technical support services for us may have access to personal information in connection with performing those services.
- We may contact your business references and bank references to confirm your payment practices and history and your bank account information.
- We may also disclose personal information about you in order to comply with legal requirements or prevent harm. More specifically, we may disclose such information about you (A) if we are required to do so by law, regulation, court order, subpoena or other legal process, (B) to comply with requests from law enforcement authorities and other government agencies, or (C) if we believe it is necessary to prevent harm to the rights, property or safety, or protect other vital interests, of HIS, our employees, users or the public, or in connection with an investigation of actual or suspected illegal activities, as permitted or required by applicable law.
- Subject to applicable law, we reserve the right to transfer information we have about you in connection with a sale or transfer of all or any part of our business or assets (for example, if HIS were acquired or merged, or if it were reorganized, dissolved or liquidated). If such circumstances arise, you will be notified of them via email and/or other reasonable means (which may include a prominent notice on our website(s)), as well as of any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Information Collected By Third Parties
California Shine the Light Law
As defined in California's "Shine the Light Law," California residents may annually request and obtain information that is shared with other businesses for their own direct marketing use within the prior calendar year. HIS does not share your personal information with other businesses for their own direct marketing use.
We retain and store your personal information only for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or as required under applicable data retention policies or applicable law. Federal, state and local data retention laws and statutes of limitation may impose differing retention periods.
We employ and maintain appropriate and commercially reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures to protect the personal information you provide to us against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, because the Internet is not a 100% secure environment and no security system or measures are impenetrable, we cannot ensure, warrant or guarantee the security of personal information. Please note that emails and other communications that you send to us, via our websites or otherwise, are not encrypted.
As required by applicable law, you may exercise any of the following options regarding your personal information:
- obtain a copy of certain personal information that we maintain about you,
- update and correct inaccuracies in that information,
- obtain information about the sources from which we collected that information and the purposes for which it was collected, and
- obtain information about personal information about you that we share with third parties and about third parties with whom we share it.
- request that the personal information we have about you be transmitted to you or another company,
- on legitimate grounds, object to any uses or disclosures of your personal information,
- where our processing of your personal information is done with your consent, withdraw your consent,
- request that your personal information be deleted, and
- request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
You may exercise these options free of charge unless the request is unfounded, excessive or otherwise unreasonable, such as because it is repetitive. We may also refuse to act or impose limitations on these options under some circumstances as permitted by applicable law. Before we take action in response to your exercise of these options, we may ask you to provide additional information to verify your identity or otherwise help us understand or respond to your request.
Email Unsubscribe: remove@HopeIndustrial.com
- Our websites are configured to respond to "do not track" signals from browsers.
- For information about how to opt out of advertising network interest-based advertising, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
HIS will not discriminate against you because you exercise any of your rights under applicable law, including, but not limited to, by
- denying goods or services to you,
- charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties,
- providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you, or
- suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services;
provided, that HIS may, under certain circumstances and subject to applicable law, charge consumers a different price or rate, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services to a consumer, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to the consumer by the consumer's data.
- You may call us:
- If you're in the United States, call us toll-free at (877) 762-9790, or
- If you're outside the United States, call us at +1 (678) 762-9790 (not a toll-free number),
- You may email us at privacy@HopeIndustrial.com,
- You may submit your question or request to us at the following webpages:
- From our United States/global website: https://www.HopeIndustrial.com/contact/
- From our United Kingdom website: https://HopeIndustrial.co.uk/contact/
- From our European Union website: https://HopeIndustrial.eu/contact/
- From our Italian-language website: https://HopeIndustrial.it/contact/
- From our Spanish-language website: https://HopeIndustrial.es/contact/
- From our French-language website: https://HopeIndustrial.fr/contact/
- From our German-language website: https://HopeIndustrial.de/contact/
- You may write to us at:
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Hope Industrial Systems, Inc.
1325 Northmeadow Parkway, Suite 100
Roswell, GA 30076
- If you wish specifically to be removed from our marketing email list, you may email us at remove@HopeIndustrial.com.